About Loss Control
In 2002, the Alabama Municipal Insurance Corporation (AMIC) and the Municipal Workers Compensation Fund (MWCF) created a joint Loss Control Division allowing both programs to provide additional staff and expanded services at a much reduced cost to their members.
The Loss Control Division has 11 dedicated staff members and offers exclusive, state-of-the-art training such as the SkidCar defensive driving course and the Firearms Training System (FATS). Both of these programs were designed to create greater awareness of on-going liability issues as well as teach member participants to eliminate or mitigate their losses through specialized training.
For additional information on Loss Control services, contact the Loss Control Division at 334-262-2566, or contact your representative. To find your representative click here.
AMIC/MWCF’s Loss Control Division provides a variety of risk management services to its members including:
• On-site Risk Management with follow-up reports and recommendations
• Specialized Law Enforcement Risk Control
• Loss Analysis and Trending
• Newsletters and Bulletins
• Reference Documents
• Employment Practices Law Hotline
• Proactive Driver Training (SkidCar)
• Firearms Training System (F.A.T.S.)
• Safety DVD Library
• Safety Seminars
• Loss Control Website